cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chatbot failing - connection timeout to t.clarity.ms

gvh1234
Tuning in

I have no idea how to tell Virgin that the chatbot system is failing.

I'm signed in using Chrome on Windows.

If I refresh a page then the 'Remi BOT' app cannot connect to the back end. Chrome console is full of 

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT https://t.clarity.ms/collect:1

If I close all tabs to virgin then when I start a new one it will start working again, but even just signing in to the site will cause the fails again.

The second issue is that it says that they are busy, do I want to use Whatsapp. I give it my whatsapp number but do not receive anything on Whatsapp. Meanwhile the bot asks me if I received the message and gives me 3 options. If I use the 'No, stay on here' then it just asks me for the whatsapp number again. So I am stuck in a loop.

9 REPLIES 9

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi gvh1234,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community, it has been a while, hope you are well, sorry to see you have been facing issues getting onto our Web Chat, have you tried clearing your Cache and Cookies and trying again.

If you still need support I will be more than happy to help, so I can, please can you expand a little on what issue you are facing which required a Web Chat?

Regards

Paul.

Hey Paul,

thanks for the reply. The chatbot app seems to function today, but I have still had no reply.

I am looking to cancel, I have moved to another supplier so I simply need to end my contract.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@gvh1234 wrote:

Hey Paul,

thanks for the reply. The chatbot app seems to function today, but I have still had no reply.

I am looking to cancel, I have moved to another supplier so I simply need to end my contract.

If you already have a new provider, and just wish to cancel VM, you can always write in by post as per

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Cancelling-VM-is-practically-imposs...

Hey,

thanks for pointing that out, yes, I had seen it. It just feels a little antiquated to write an actual letter. I'd have to find a stamp!

I think that's going to be my solution after today.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @gvh1234 

Have you tried the online cancellation using the chat messenger on the following page?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I am on the chatbot.

So, today's fail : the bot has started from the top again and I'm all the way to signing in. I am signed in but this stage fails. It's just looping.

Are there keywords to this thing to get hold of a human being?

gvh1234_0-1677917392897.png

oh the comedy gets better

I started again and thought I would dare to use Whatsapp

I wonder if this company has a QA team at all.
(I am a technology executive with 150 staff)

gvh1234_0-1677919907659.png

Hi gvh1234

I am sorry to hear you haven't had a response on the chat service and that you are thinking of leaving us. 

To cancel the service, please call us on 150 from a Virgin land line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line option 1/4/4

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It took most of Saturday morning, but I finally made contact with a human and finally achieved the end result.

However, you Chat has bugs in it's scripts and error handling. I would advise you raise them with the appropriate team so that the next person is not struggling like I have been

regards