cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Change my Secondary Email Password

Kett14
On our wavelength

I hope VM are reading this as no matter what the community says on here you cannot change your secondary email password on 'my virgin media' / profile / manage secondary e-mails. I can delete it but can't 'manage' the e-mail in any other way. (ie change it's password). I've spent over an hour going around and around trying to find another page but I always end up back on the same 'manage page' that only allows me to delete. VM PLEASE SORT OUT YOUR SITE!!!

15 REPLIES 15

teamgers
On our wavelength

I'm having the same problem with my secondary email addy, I've been getting emails without any problems up until Monday, I got my last email on Sunday, but when I went to check for emails on Monday I get this message, "Cannot get Mail" No password provided for "blueyonder.co.uk", and below that, it says "please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password! My password is there and has been the same for ages, so how the hell do I resolve this problem? As others have said above Virgin in their wisdom decided to make it more difficult to change your password, bloody stupid idea imo, they don't half know how to make things difficult, anyway, I tried the forgot password route and entered the secondary email addy and your date of birth and mothers maiden name, but guess what, it says that they are wrong, so i'm basically stuck, and fed up.

Hi @teamgers 👋 Thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. 

Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Jafergusonuk
Tuning in

I spent 3 hour talking to support agents yesterday on exactly this point. It appears their support staff don't know how to do it either.

They asked me to change the email address for my main account using a non virgin email address. I did this and to be fair i was able to change my password for my main account. Then they wanted me to go through the same process for my other email accounts by providing additional email accounts. At that point I had used my only non virgin account (gmail) and was unwilling and also extremely cautious about creating even more account email accounts. 

I am certain no one at VM knows how this works and I got very irritated because not only did it take 3 hours last night it took another 3/4 hour this morning only to be back at the same place I started.

I am told they removed the users right to manage their own accounts about 6 months ago and this is a really poor  IT solution.

Hi @Jafergusonuk thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

Are you able to access your mailboxes independently of each other in separate mailboxes, by trying to sign in with their own email and password to see if this helps?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Yes, but it makes no difference. I think VM have locked the account, or its corrupt. In any event I still can't access critical email and its getting more and more frustrating.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back to our Forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues accessing the inbox of the secondary E-Mail account.

I'd be happy to look into this for you, to see if we can find a fix.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn