cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Change my Secondary Email Password

Kett14
On our wavelength

I hope VM are reading this as no matter what the community says on here you cannot change your secondary email password on 'my virgin media' / profile / manage secondary e-mails. I can delete it but can't 'manage' the e-mail in any other way. (ie change it's password). I've spent over an hour going around and around trying to find another page but I always end up back on the same 'manage page' that only allows me to delete. VM PLEASE SORT OUT YOUR SITE!!!

15 REPLIES 15

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kett14  The process has recently changed but there are still plenty of references to the old process for secondary accounts on the VM web pages including this forum.

The new process is as follows:

There are two ways you should be able to change the password for an email account.  Make sure that you are logged out of any Virgin Media account before following this.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Update Settings then Account details.  You should now see the options to change password etc.

Or use the Forgotten password route:

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Kett14, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with resetting the password on a secondary account. 

As mentioned by Graham_A, the process has recently changed. If you're not able to reset the password using the steps given above, then we can manually reset it for you instead. I will need to confirm some information with you though. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

I have this problem also. I was experiencing issues with a secondary email within my VM account, so I attempted to change the password linked to it. For some reason, I cant now access this email from my iPhone as the password is incorrect.

I can access the page that indicates the other secondary emails linked to my VM primary account, but like others, have only the option to delete my account.

I really don’t want to lose this email address and would appreciate your assistance if you could help

Thanks

Hi Clemenza,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you are unable to access your secondary Email address and haven't been able to change the password.

Are you able to change the password to your secondary Email address Via your Online Account?

Regards

Paul.

Paul

I've been able to sort our the problem with the invaluable help of Forum members. 

Thanks

Hi Clemenza, 

Thanks for updating us about your issue, I am glad you managed to get this sorted with the help of others on the forums 🙂

If you need any further assistance please let us know!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Deltext
Joining in

Hi – I have a main VirginMedial default email account and used to have three additional email accounts.

On checking my portal access under ‘Account details’, one of my three additional email addresses has gone 'missing'.  I can create the email account again and it sends an email to the account for verification. 

Unfortunately, the email address is not working on other devices (where it been configured previously) because, I suspect, the password has been changed on the default email account and the ‘missing’ email account is not visible on the VM portal Account details.

The default email account and the two other additional email accounts have had their password updated successfully and are working as expected, its just this one other additional email account that’s the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Deltext,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that your 3rd additional email account is not accessible at the moment. We will be more than happy to manually reset the password from our end and see if this resolved the access issue for you.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.