Menu
averagegirlting
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can my parents see ny text messages?

I got into an argument with my dad the other day and he claimed he had requested virgin media for a record of all my text messages and calls, i normally use imessage but sometimes i use sms when wifiis unavailable, i was just wondering is it possible for him to get a record of that? The sim in my iphone is his i think and i think he pays for my data etc, is there any advice on how i can stop this or inform virgin media not to send the record? Or if they do send a record what will the record contain? 

0 Kudos
paultechy
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can my parents see ny text messages?

very much doubt that since would be a nightmare of DPA/GDPR aka Data Protection, there is apps that can monitor mobile etc.
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can my parents see ny text messages?

Hello

This will all depend on who is the account holder of the contract that you have with the SIM card. if he is  the account holder then potentially yes he can as he is responsible for the account. Although you use the SIM as he is the account holder there is no way of you stopping him getting this data if it is available.

On a mobile account he will be able to see all chargeable calls but only the number, but he will not be able to see what was written in a text message just a number again if it is chargeable.

Do you have an Apple account logged into your iPhone and are you the owner of that account ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos