Menu
cairatom
Joining in
Message 41 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls from 0800 052 1251

Yep....  Just had a call at work from this number.
I would've placed a large amount of money on it being a scammer.

VM you REALLY need to do a quality assurance test on this side of your business.  It is horrific.  Not just saying that to be dramatic, but there is no way on earth I'd have expected VM to be associated with the level (read as: Lack of) professionalism in this call.

0 Kudos
alankempster
Settling in
Message 42 of 43
Flag for a moderator

But https://virg.in/myVM under 'My Profile' > 'My Preferences'.is a typical half-baked effort. It only offers all or none. I'm sure many Virgin customers don't object to email marketing (within reason). It's all these unsolicited phone calls from some nondescript, third-party sales team that irritate so much.

0 Kudos
cairatom
Joining in
Message 43 of 43
Flag for a moderator

Lovely... despite asking VM not to call me in the last phone call today my call went like this...

Me: Hello.
VM: Hello.
Me: Hello?
VM: Hello..   pause...
VM: (insert script)
Me: Ahhh VM , Yes Im at work and last call I asked you not to call me with sales calls.
VM: I understand that but I didn't want you to miss out on this offer.

Seriously?! 

Oh and where is this "Preferences" option?  I dont have anything under My Profile which says Preferences.  Is this because I'm a blueyonder account?
Either way how do I opt out of receiving sales calls on my mobile.    I thought GDPR was meant to be that when you say "dont contact me via XYZ" that the company would be breaking GDPR if they continued to do so.
Ive got security details, contact details, username and password and email address only.

0 Kudos