Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 171 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls from 0800 052 1251

We do apologise for the experience Chris210. 

If there is anything we can help with further then do let us know and we'll feed this back in the meantime. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 172 of 173
Flag for a moderator

The Answer is not a very good one as there is only one option for all communication "Awesome! I would like to receive information on Virgin Media products and services" I am very happy to receive update information by post or email but I do not wish to have the heavy number of calls from people I usually can't understand, not a racial issue my hearing is poor and I rarely use voice calls mainly for emergencies. So it seems like I need take the option that would make it improper for Virgin to send me any update information or to change my Mobile provider and number then make sure Virgin do not get the number which is not really a good option for either of us. So it is in both Virgin and my interests to make it possible to opt-out of the nuisance calls without cutting Virgin off from any Marketing communication with me.

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 173 of 173
Flag for a moderator

Similar issue here, after a missed call I googled it to find its apparently a genuine virgin number*.  And again they want information off me which I won't provide as they should be able to provide something to prove who they are.  Yet they keep calling all the same despite me either hanging up or saying "not interested stop calling".

* I say "apparently a genuine virgin number" with regards to 0800 052 1251, but how sure can we be this is genuinely virgin media?.  I'm asking and questioning that as every time I get a call from this 0800 052 1251 number within a certain period (usually an hour) I also always get a call from a number +8001836411.  Research indicates (from this forum I think) that whilst that also is a "genuine" virgin number, that number would never be displayed like that and it could be a spoofed number and people should be careful of it.

If that's true then how sure can virgin be that both numbers are not spoofed and unsafe?.  Because it's been reported countless times by people that the 0800 052 1251 caller is often highly unprofessional, of poor understanding & won't take no for an answer and keeps calling even after being asked not to.  And with this second number always calling at the same time that would never be displayed if genuinely virgin, well it's certainly an issue for concern on both numbers.

0 Kudos