Menu
fes37
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Call from retentions team from a mobile number????

Hello

So i recently gave my 30 days notice to cancel my Virgin media services. A day later, i get a call from a mobile number. On the line is a gentlemen who says he's from Virgin media trying to entice me to stay. 

I found the call suspicious. There was no background noise at all and before i could have a discussion with him, i cancelled the call. 2 missed calls and a text message (offer to retain services) later from the individual, i'm not sure whether my account has been compromised or whether it was a genuine call from a member of the retentions team. 

Can i ask if anybody else has been receiving calls like this and whether it was a legit call? Is it the case that some of the members of the team are working from home?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call from retentions team from a mobile number????

retention do sometimes call and most of the teams are working from home.
But the offers are one time offers. so if you find;t accept it you most likely won't get the offer again
0 Kudos
Barnes2017
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have just experienced the same thing.  A call received from a Virgin Media Loyalty/Retention representative on 27 Aug where an offer was made to stay with Virgin Media after I gave notice of cancellation.  I accepted the new offer and I was promised the new contract and confirmation 48 hours later and nothing.  He also advised he would forward my details to HQ tech support because I have suffered technical issues during my contract.  Nothing.

I just called customer support and they say they have no record of this, notes on the account or "footprint", which is shocking.  They are now offering a more expensive deal but interestingly, did not deny at any point that offer might have been made.  Now an investigation has to be completed taking up to 7 days and I am worried that there has been a data breach because the representative on 27 Aug knew my personal details.  It's a mess.  Poor service and now this, reneging on agreed contractual terms.  A breach of law, accompanied with a potential data breach.  Very unhappy.  In the meantime, I have been left in a very difficult position in terms of transitioning to a new supplier and a potential gap in service.  I cannot have this as my wife and I predominantly WFH.

Absolutely appalled with Virgin Media.   

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Barnes2017

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that you've had these issues with a call and a package offer. I appreciate this would be frustrating. 

I can see that there has been a complaint logged - what I will do is take this complaint over and see what we can do in terms of getting this resolved ASAP. 

I'll private message you now to take some details so that we can discuss this further. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Barnes2017 

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry that you're still unhappy with the broadband speeds. As advised on our messages you do have too many devices connected for the connection speeds you are currently on. It would be advised to either disconnect some unused devices, or to upgrade the broadband tier. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Barnes2017
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This completely contradicts what your advisor told me before, as I said to you in the private message.  This is switch and bait behaviour to get me to stay with Virgin Media.  

I discussed the number of devices with your advisor (many of which are on standby/passively connected) and your advisor said that my connection speed package would not impact my service and advised me not to upgrade.  He said he would forward my case to tech support to look into things further.  That has not happened.

As other customers have experienced, I suspect it is the quality of your router and the general connection which is the issue.  As I said in my private message to you, I have sat right next to my router with limited devices connected and the line speed is not as is advertised, and the connection often drops out.

This coupled with the stress you have caused with not honouring the offer that was made to me by your advisor (I had to contact you and push you to honour it), amounts to a mess and a continued appalling customer experience.

Please do not close my formal complaint as I want this customer experience and my connection to be looked into, as was promised to me by your representative. Lots of promises made, but failure to deliver.  

Funny thing is that I've had a connection with BT before that had a lesser speed, same number of active and passive devices...and I never had these issues at.  

Disappointing.  

0 Kudos
Barnes2017
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ps.  Can you please disconnect from my admin page as I am currently not able to log in (multiple users logged on message comes up). 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

HI Barnes2017,

Are you referring to the hub admin page?

The multiple users logged in often appears if you have used the VM Connect app. It's a well known issue with the app.

You can either uninstall the app or reboot/reset your hub to clear this message.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Barnes2017
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am, thank you

0 Kudos
Oswaldo
Settling in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hollie

I have just experienced the same thing. Very annoying as I could have ordered a new broadband service at the weekend. I got a phone from Abdul saying he was from virgins retentions and compliance team a couple of weeks ago offering me £25 18 months same speed. I didn’t take up the offer at the time but kept the number and phoned Abdul back last weekend. He lowered the price to £22 and said I should be reconnected in 24-48 hours but this hasn’t happened. It’s a bit disturbing to think that if this caller isn’t genuine they have such easy access to virgins systems as the only people to know I had cancelled my contract is virgin. I didn’t even get an email confirmation 24-48 hours after cancelling my contract which I was told I would get so I can’t see how my email address could have been hacked. And I would like to complain too.

0 Kudos