Menu
V-Dub
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Call from "Virgin Media"

Hi,

I've been getting calls from 01273 703472 telling me they are virgin media and that my Broadband is running slowly so they will fix it for me.  They have asked me how many devices I have connected to it and said they will run tests.  My internet is working fine, I've not reported a problem and I told them that but they have insisted this is for my benefit to speed it up.  I've hung up on them a few times now as it really doesn't seem legit but they keep calling back!

Has this been happening to anyone else over the past few days?  Is there any way of reporting it?  I've never had Virgin randomly call me to run tests without reporting a problem and requesting a call before.

Just had yet another from 01212 940855 what the hell is going on?! I'm sort of losing it now

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call from "Virgin Media"

The calls are from scammers as you have correctly spotted. Best to hang up immediately and not engage with them. Virgin Media would not contact you in this way regarding technical issues.

If you are minded to do so, you can report it to Action Fraud.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report-phishing

but there is probably little use/point in doing so.

Your best bet would be to look at getting a call blocking/screening device which will prevent the calls ringing through to your phone.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call from "Virgin Media"

If I have the time I always keep them on the line and string them along. Wastes their time, make them exceedingly annoyed when they realise I know more than they do and stop them calling someone else for a few minutes.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2