Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Call from Virgin Media Loyalty team

Hi, 

I received a call from someone claiming to be from the Virgin Media Loyalty team, but it was on a mobile number. They explained that it's because they are mostly working from home at the moment. 

They seemed to have my correct personal details, but some of my account details were incorrect, for example, the service I had terminated was wrong. 

They have sent me an email with some deals on, which looks like a simple partial screen grab and that appears to be from a Virgin Media email address. 

Can someone please tell me if this is normal at the moment, or should I treat this as suspicious?

Thanks in advance. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call from Virgin Media Loyalty team

Hi Keithus,

Thanks for your email. 

You are right to be cautious when receiving contact from people who may be unscrupulous. 

We do have a number of staff members working from home at present (myself included), however I cannot say in certainty that the sales department would be contacting customers. 

Generally, we are acting on the forum as a response to customer issues rather then contacting customers without prompt. 

Ordinarily, I would suggest calling into the sales team to check the legitimacy of the contact however I understand that this is difficult at present. 

I would possibly suggest forwarding the email address to the security team on phishing@virginmedia.com 

Of course, it may be that this is a totally genuine contact but it is always better to play it safe then to risk giving details to potential scammers. 

I hope that this helps

Ed 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Edward_W1 wrote:

Hi Keithus,

Thanks for your email. 

You are right to be cautious when receiving contact from people who may be unscrupulous. 

We do have a number of staff members working from home at present (myself included), however I cannot say in certainty that the sales department would be contacting customers. . . . .

Ed 

I am curious, Ed.  My employer provides communication services and our employees working from home have an app that means if they make outgoing calls, it is routed through our company switchboard.  No cost to the employee, and any recipient using caller ID sees our company number, not some private number.  Why isn't a large communications corporation such as VM doing the same for your employees?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi keithus, 

Welcome to the community forums! 🙂 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I wouldn't be able to confirm whether this is a genuine call or not without checking your account. I will send you a private message now so we can investigate this further, please reply when you can. 

Many thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos