Menu
Long_timer
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Call from +44 800 183 6xxx

I believe that this is from the VM sales team? I was informed that today is my 8th year anniversary with VM (in fact we have been with VM for nearly 20 years - we have blueyonder email!) and that my discounts will expire. Literally, that! So the message from your sales team is that your loyalty is definitely NOT rewarded. And when I laughed and asked about the purpose of the call, the caller got shirty with me and said sulkily "so you don't want to hear how you can get new discounts?"

Really not a great way to sell...

[MOD EDIT: Number edited in case innocent number being spoofed]

0 Kudos
goslow
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call from +44 800 183 6xxx

I am wondering why the original number posted has been edited out by the moderators ('in case innocent number being spoofed')

Perhaps suggests that the original, as posted, was not a real VM number. Typo when posting? Or maybe the call was a scam call impersonating VM?

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call from +44 800 183 6xxx

Hi Long_timer, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've had some unsatisfactory calls regarding your account with us. It's possible that the call wasn't from us but a spoofed number - especially if the details they confirmed were not correct. There's more info around how to deal with these kind of calls here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fraudulent-calls ...if you're ever unsure it's best to get in touch with the relevant teams directly, so they can check the legitimacy of the call and assist further - virg.in/VMcontact

Tom 

0 Kudos