cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from 08001836403- Is it a scam call.

MarvinAndroid
On our wavelength

Just took a call from the above number claiming to be from VM.  I think they said they wanted to check that I was on the best package.  I renegotiated my contract only a couple of months ago with someone who’s first language wasn’t English who arranged for our phone to be cut off when all I wanted to do was drop our anytime free call package.  When I got the phone reconnected VM gave a new number not the one we had for 20 years.

The caller today was female and her spoken English was terrible.  I could hardly understand her at all.  VM have never initiated a call to me as a customer previously to offer me anything in the past so I’m reluctant to believe this is not a scam call.

Either way I am fed up with trying to communicate with people who are such poor English speakers and speak so quickly it is difficult to understand the content of their communication.

be interested to know if this was a scam call though.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In this case probably not. The number quoted is a recognised outgoing sales number that has been around for years. However, any number can be spoofed by scammers, so you still have to make sure of who you speak too.

If the calls are annoying you, you can change your marketing preferences so as not to receive them.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In this case probably not. The number quoted is a recognised outgoing sales number that has been around for years. However, any number can be spoofed by scammers, so you still have to make sure of who you speak too.

If the calls are annoying you, you can change your marketing preferences so as not to receive them.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks