Menu
Umpahlampy
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Call centre password

Please someone help me. I have a number of issues to resolve but I cannot access help via the call centre. A password is requested that I do not ever recall setting up. I have been with VM since Bell Cablemedia. My land-line hasn't worked for about four years and I cannot seem to arrange to swao my V6 box. Excuse me I missed the deadline because I was a bit busy building a hospital.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call centre password

If you don't know the customer verification passphase when contacting the call centre just hold the line when requested to enter certain letters from the passphrase. The system will divert the call to a call handler who should be able to go through a different security route with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Umpahlampy,

Thanks for your post, I am sorry to hear that you've been unable to get some help with your landline and V6 issue.

Can you please confirm if you have a dial tone and if you have tried a new handset in the socket?

Please also let me know the reason for needing to swap your V6 box.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Umpahlampy
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I managed to book an engineer for my telephone issue. I think it's a socket issue. Sorry about my miscommunication. I have a cronky VBox HD which stutters under normal service and does not work with many services which I am paying for. I was informed of further loss of services at the end of last month but I had no opportunity to use the 'swap' tool for the replacement box. I tried it today and it seemed to work after several failed attempts but haven't received any confirmation email and it hasn't appeared on 'MyVirginMedia appointments/orders. I then noticed a deadline in the small print.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Umpahlampy,

Thanks for coming back to me to let you know. When you booked the engineer, was this over to phone with us? If so, were you able to reset your memorable account word?

I can see that there wasn't an order showing for a box swap on your account, so I've arranged for a new hub 3 and V6 box  to be sent out to you. They should be with you tomorrow at the earliest.

Please let me know how the appointment goes when the engineer visits and once you'e received the new equipment. If you need anything else just give us a shout.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Umpahlampy
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. The engineer came and saw the archaic kit we have been struggling with and changed it all. He had to route the phone through the new V6 box and explained that he couldn't find our line in the junction box and therefore we would have to wait for the connection through the V6. He left with the V6 'updating' and awaiting channels. A short time after he left the screen went black and the V6 unresponsive. A hard reset gives the initial 'Welcome' screen and then nothing, no 'starting up' or anything. Then the internet stopped working and the phone doesn't work. Yes I tried resetting the router and the V6 several times. I have nothing. Apart from TWO V6 boxes and TWO routers (i guess they are like busses?)

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your update Umpahlampy,

Sorry to see that your issues have been continuing to effect you. Is this still on going or has this now been resolved?

If you still need our assistance, drop a response below and either I or a member of our team will pick this up for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos