Menu
Brucie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

Can someone please help me to change my password on my Hub 3 as i had it changed by Virgin and do not know what it is now unfortunately and don't know how to find it or change it to one i can remember  ?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

Hi Brucie,

The WiFi network name and Wifi password are printed on the bottom of the hub3.

The Wifi settings password (8 numbers) is also printed on there should you wish to log into the browser by typing in 192.168.0.1 to change your details.

If you still have problems then  you could try a factory reset. 

Keep the hub switched on and disconnect any ethernet connections, then push the reset button firmly with a paperclip or something similar. keep it pressed in for a full minute.

Wait around 10 minutes and it should revert to factory settings. You can now reconnect the ethernet cables.

If you previously changed your router password it won't work and you will have to use the one printed on the sticker on the router. You can always change it again by going into the settings

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Brucie wrote:

Can someone please help me to change my password on my Hub 3 as i had it changed by Virgin and do not know what it is now unfortunately and don't know how to find it or change it to one i can remember  ?

In addition to the the guidance from @newapollo, what password is it that you are unsure about?

The one to get into the hub itself, and change its configuration, is the 'settings' password (highlighted red in RHS picture below, which is found on a card or sticker on the hub 3 showing the default)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-advanced-settings-on-your-hub#hub3orhub4

Not sure why VM would have changed that for you.

The other password if the 'wifi' password to connect your wireless devices to the hub.

Often people posting on the forum are trying to use the wifi password instead of the settings password to access the hub.

When you follow the reset procedure described by @newapollo, these should go back to those on the card or sticker on the hub 3. If you change the wifi password, you will have to reconnect your wireless devices using the new password.

0 Kudos
Brucie
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin charged the password at the time from the one on the printed card with the hub owing to an epidemic of security breaches happening  , so they guided me through the procedure and now unfortunately i cannot remember the password so cannot connect my app to the hub as it says wrong password entered  , so i want to get into the system re change my password again for one i can remember easily. 

0 Kudos
goslow
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not sure how reliable the VM app is for trying to do admin tasks with an unknown password situation.

Have you tried the pin hole reset procedure described by @newapollo in #2 above?

Once you do the reset, it will put all of your hub settings back to those on the card so you will have to re-enter the wireless password to your wireless devices to connect to the hub again.

Have you got a laptop you can connect with an ethernet cable to the hub once you have reset it and do the setup changes via a web browser which would be a more reliable route via a cabled connection?

0 Kudos