Menu
Earthdragon
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband access

I have been contacted several times by a caller who is allegedly calling on behalf of BT, to say that they will be removing my broadband access. As I am a long-time Virgin customer (Virgin provide my TV, broadband and telephone services), I would just like your reassurances that only Virgin have access to my cable supply - since they installed it - and that the message from 'BT' is just an empty threat and can be ignored. I haven't spoken with the 'BT' caller, as it was apparently an automated call.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband access

Virgin are completely separate from BT, you can ignore this message. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

What you are getting is phones calls from scammers this has been around for some time.

The Virginmedia broadband connection has nothing to do with BT as VM use their own cabling there is no link with the BT system at all.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Earthdragon
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your quick response, Mike. I suspected as much, especially as I haven't been with BT for over ten years now, and changed to Virgin long before BT started supplying Broadband to their customers. I just needed confirmation and willo continue to ignore the phone calls.

Regards

Earthdragon

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI Earthdragon, this does sound like a scam call and we can only change the number for you. You can also register with true call ^Chris 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I had one yesterday and when I said that I my internet is not with BT he promptly hung up, I find it very funny and if I could be bothered I normally play along with them.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos