Menu
martin671
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bogus calls

Hi all,

I have just had a call from “ Jennifer” claiming to be from the company, she was telling me about router problems and IP addresses being hacked. Seemed a bit off to me and I shut the call down within getting involved. Anyone had one of these.?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bogus calls

There are many similar reports on this forum.  Here is one example:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Phishing-Phone-Call-Claiming-from-Virgin-Media...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jorden21
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just had the same.
0 Kudos
martin671
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, will be aware in the future
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of this happening to you @martin671 and I know how much of pain bogus calls can be. 

We have some checks that you can do to ensure that your accounts and devices are safe, you can find that here .

Regards,

Steven_L

martin671
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Steven, useful advice which I will bear in mind. Fortunately, while I was taken by surprise I didn’t log into my PC or give out any details. When I said I would contact Virgin directly the caller lost interest and hung up, but I can see now how easily you can get trapped! Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply @martin671 and I'm glad to hear that you didn't give any details out to these horrible people. 

I agree with you 100 %, it would be easier for somebody fall for their nasty tactics to try and get information from unsuspecting people.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos