cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email hacked

marcusaalves88
Joining in

I’m no longer a Virgin Media customer but still have an old blueyonder email address that works, however due to what I’m assuming was a data leak within Virgin (the password used has only ever been used on that email, that was set by Blueyonder) my email account has been hacked and the hacker is actively using my email address to send spam.

They used the access to reset password for various accounts linked to that email address but I think I’ve recovered them all to my new email address.

I’ve been trying for the last month to get this sorted by Virgin but no one seems to know what to do with it, and as there is no functioning blueyonder webmail, there is nothing for me to log into and reset my password.

Given they’ve deleted all emails, and I’m no longer using it I just want the account deleted.

Does anyone know if f a way to get Virgin to help, or know of the Abuse email address so I can also report the many emails now being sent to random Russian email addresses??!

Thanks all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@marcusaalves88 The VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you get this orphaned email account deleted if it still exists.  They will respond here shortly and ask you for confidential information via a private message exchange.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@marcusaalves88 The VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you get this orphaned email account deleted if it still exists.  They will respond here shortly and ask you for confidential information via a private message exchange.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @marcusaalves88,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having problems with an older email account. We can definitely look into getting this resolved for you. I'm going to send you a private message to look into this further. Please look out for it in the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @marcusaalves88,

Thanks for your quick response to my private messages. Just to update the thread to notify any other members who may experience a similar problem, we've raised a request to have the account completely closed down to prevent any further spam messages from being sent. 

Please feel free to create a new thread if you need anything else, and our team/community will be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

my blueyonder email has been hacked how do i get it deleted

Hi Martinweller, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with an email address that is connected to an old, inactive account. 

I can see my colleague Carley has already picked this up via your other thread here: get an old email removed

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than creating a new one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at Carley's reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs