Menu
HarryB2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Blocking phishing email addresses

I am receiving 2 to 5 phishing emails every day for the last two weeks. The majority arrive and the email address extension is ( @tenderapp.com ). I am blacklisting and marking them as spam. I am also screen printing them and forwarding them to VMedia and Action Fraud.

How do I put in a filter or block on email addresses with the @tenderapp.com extension?

0 Kudos
peterkay
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Blocking phishing email addresses

Same with me. I've forwarded all messages to report@phishing.gov.uk. The tenderapp.com site looks out of date so it may be disused and has been hacked.
Try using a filter. On the vm mail web page, go to Settings, Email, Filter rules. You can set a Condition e.g. Sender contains tenderapp.com. Then set an Action e.g. Reject.

I've added a rule but ill have to wait to see it it works
0 Kudos
HarryB2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it and see what happens. I tried a Filter suggested by 'Very Insightful Person' which involved using the date (Wed4 Oct) from the View Source information but I woke up this morning to find two more in the Inbox!

Thanks gain for your suggestion.

0 Kudos
pandyt
Just joined
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I get emails from this domain and several others. It's got to about 5 or more a day now and blocking individual addresses is useless as they change but from the same domains. I'll try the rule method.

Virgin please introduce a method of blocking domains

0 Kudos