cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklist now Blocklist

andrew_w65
Joining in

I've blacklisted unwanted e-mails but now it says they've been added to my Blocklist. Is this a sign of hacking? I've changed my password. Will that be enough?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@andrew_w65  In the latest update to the VM Mail webmail interface VM have used the term 'Blocklist' instead of 'Blacklist'.  It is a change of name only and not an indication of any hack or otherwise.

The terms are used interchangeably in the VM Help pages: How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help Go to 'How to block an email address'

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@andrew_w65  In the latest update to the VM Mail webmail interface VM have used the term 'Blocklist' instead of 'Blacklist'.  It is a change of name only and not an indication of any hack or otherwise.

The terms are used interchangeably in the VM Help pages: How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help Go to 'How to block an email address'

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That's a relief, thanks.

It is the new PC term for it like a chalkboard.