Menu
sanjaysays
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Billing issue

Virgin media broadband has been installed this month on 7th January on my flat by an engineer. Today I got the bill from them and I got surprised that they have deducted the amount twice even at the time of taking connection they ensured me that they will charge the amount one month in advance but I don't understand why they have been charged twice. Please anyone help me out with this why double charge showing in the bill. (screenshot attached) 

Screenshot_20210113_095658_com.google.android.gm.jpg

• Screenshot_20210113_095635_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing issue

That looks normal for a first bill.

This is an extract from the relevant help page:

A word on your first bill

In your first bill, we charge for your first month and next month together. This only happens when you first join us, or if you’ve just moved house.

Your first bill might also include one-off charges like installation fees or moving fees.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sanjaysays
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham for your reply.

Does it mean that we would not pay the final month bill. As my plan has 18th month contract so I won't pay last month bill. Please correct me if I am wrong 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM charges are always one month in advance.  If you choose to leave at the end of the minimum term the charges will be adjusted to ensure that you only pay for the actual period you have had service.

There will not be any double charging.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks