cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware! Suspicious Telephone Calls

Wallis-Toby1965
Joining in

Just to make you aware.   I have had 5 suspicious telephone calls (3 on Thursday and 2 this morning).  It’s from an Indian call centre, claiming they are from Virgin Media and they need to check my broadband connection for slowness.

My broadband is working fine, and I make it a rule not to discuss my Virgin Media account with cold callers.  I made this crystal clear to the cold callers, but they are very pushy.  I have noted down the telephone numbers they are using to call me and each one is different.  I have also rung these numbers back to test them, and they are just constantly ringing.

So suspect these are fraudsters posing as Virgin Media.  Please be vigilant.

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You are correct. These were scam calls as VM does not make unsolicited tech support calls like this.

They will call you again and the caller ID will probably be different each time. The number will be faked or cloned from an innocent party.

Best approach is to hang up on them and not talk to them at all. Engaging with them is only likely to generate more calls from the scammers in the hope they will get to talk to someone who will be taken in by their routine.

Thx for confirming my suspicions.