Menu
Skidman59
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Been hacked

Can you help my email account has been hacked I am now the  secondary account holder and can’t do anything with the account many thanks SKIDMAN 59

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Been hacked

Hi Skidman59,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a very warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear the email address you use has been compromised.

As you advised you aren't the account holder we would't be able to look into this for you as it has to be the account holder.

If possible I would advise the account holder to join the community and post on this thread so we can help, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Skidman59, can you confirm the email address in question was previously the primary one for the account but is now secondary and its domain, the part appearing after the @ symbol for example virginmedia.com; do take care not to post your full email address or other personal information here.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Paul_DN wrote:

Hi Skidman59,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a very warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear the email address you use has been compromised.

As you advised you aren't the account holder we would't be able to look into this for you as it has to be the account holder.

If possible I would advise the account holder to join the community and post on this thread so we can help, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Paul.

@Paul_DN - i am reading the same words as you but coming to a different point - the OP says his account has been hacked and he is now the secondary user - so it would seem the hacker now is the primary user - i assume he does not know the hacker so how is he going to get than anonymous person to join the forum

i think you or i am missing the point

Tony
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

Very good point that would make total sense, I should of confirmed that thank you.

Kind regards

Paul.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Skidman59,

I am sorry I didn't ask previously, are you the account holder?

If you  are I will be more than happy to look into this further for you.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Skidman59
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I didn’t make it very clear did I. Yes I’m the account holder but it’s my wife’s account that’s been hacked I have managed to close her account but still unable to do anything on the account. It seems the 3rd party (hacker) is the account holder even though I pay the bill. I have contacted virginmedia but they said the 3rd party has changed my password and can do nothing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Skidman59

Let's look into the account to see if we can get this sorted out for you

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Skidman59
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Secondary account holder

Had help on here last week with someone using my wife email account and was sorted out by closing the account down but still can’t get on to my account it says that I’m a secondary account holder. Can you help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Secondary account holder

Hi Mark,

I've dropped you a PM!

David

0 Kudos