Menu
Carooky
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BT called

I've just had the same call 3 days in a row from "BT". I've had recent issues with my broadband so thought,  might be genuine. They explained BT is the parent company in charge of the servers which were showing my errors. They asked me to down load an app from playstore. Team viewer Quick Support. Then talked me through the process up till I should supply them with an ID number. Reading what was on screen I could see this would give them remote access to my device....alarm bells‌🔔‌ ...I suggested I could call them back and the "manager" got quite irate and said I didn't need to..blah, blah, blah. She got so loud I could probably hear her from India or wherever they are without the phone. Hung up deleted app...GOT TO BE A SCAM !!!

Moderator- please confirm I've not just blew the chance to improve my service. ‌🤞

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT called

Hello

BT has nothing to do with Virginmedia as VM tun all their own infrastructure, 100% scam has been going around for ages.

Regards

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you ported your phone number in to Virgin from another provider by any chance?

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Carooky,

Yes that sounds alot like a scam call that you keep getting from someone claiming to be from BT and as the community members said this would be nothing to do with Virgin, we can however recommend that you block the number if the call was on your mobile. If the number was on your landline, we recommend that you use the methods on this link here to combat such calls.

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos