cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BROKEN CABLE BOX ON PUBLIC FOOTPATH

Drurofalo
Joining in

Please can someone come and replace/repair the external cable box - it is broken with exposed wires. As a public footpath runs along the wall, we are concerned that this might be a safety issues. Kids walking by can just play with the wires/rip them off, arm themselves.

I am quite surprised, as I got in touch with Virgin Media more than 2 weeks ago via this channel, I got told that it was possible to fix it, then nothing has happened. I am very surprised as I would have expected for Virgin Media to act faster on security matters. 

Many thanks.

20230703_180710.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Drurofalo,

Thanks for chatting with me in our Private Messages, I'm glad I was able to help as much as I could. 
As I mentioned privately already, the Omni box in your picture also has Sky cables mixed in with Virgin Media cables, so we're going to get an engineer to repair/remove our own equipment. 

As we can't tamper with Sky's wires, you will need to ask Sky to send out a separate engineer to sort out their side of the equipment.

I am sorry it's caused some leg work for you with a lot of time being spent talk to us, so we thank you for your patience and for notifying us about this possible hazard!

Please feel free to come back to update us whenever you get in touch with Sky 😊 

Thanks, 

Megan_L 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Drurofalo,

Thanks for posting this on our Community Forums, we're sorry this still hasn't been repaired yet! 

Could we ask for an address and location of this box please? 

The nearest house or shop, the street name, town and postcode if possible. Any close landmarks to help our team find the location will be really helpful!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hello Megan, thank you for your response, is this a private message or everyone can see it? I would prefer pass the address details in private if possible.

Yes of course! 😊 
I'll send over a Private Message to you now. 

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Drurofalo,

Thanks for chatting with me in our Private Messages, I'm glad I was able to help as much as I could. 
As I mentioned privately already, the Omni box in your picture also has Sky cables mixed in with Virgin Media cables, so we're going to get an engineer to repair/remove our own equipment. 

As we can't tamper with Sky's wires, you will need to ask Sky to send out a separate engineer to sort out their side of the equipment.

I am sorry it's caused some leg work for you with a lot of time being spent talk to us, so we thank you for your patience and for notifying us about this possible hazard!

Please feel free to come back to update us whenever you get in touch with Sky 😊 

Thanks, 

Megan_L