Menu
pinkspideruk
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Automated call

Hi I am pretty sure this is some kind of scam but wanted to check 🙂

I've been called 2 times today by a withheld number.

On answering get an automated digitalised sounding voice saying something along the lines of

"your broadband internet is due to be disconnected in the next 24-48 hours to speak to an account executive press 1, to speak to an engineer executive press 2."

Hung up after first call, they then called back again 2 hours later - same thing.

I have contacted the VM team in last couple of days due to rubbish broadband (disconnecting / no wi-fi, run the various checks and nothing coming up etc). So at first thought it might be legit but then it kind of red flagged for me as I figured in an automated message they would identify themselves as being from VM- whereas this had nothing to identify who the message was from, they would likely address me by name and would probably follow up with an email.

Anyways really just wanted to confirm it is a scam call which I can ignore (sadly cant block it as its a withheld number)

Thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Automated call

Hello

I understand your concerns.

Yep it is a scam, have a look at the Phishing posts in https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/bd-p/Internet_Security has been reported a number of times, I even get a few saying from OpenReach.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks