Menu
mickvitie
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Another persons bill coming to my house

Hi, I have been living at my current address for 10 months, and transferred my account to this address when moved in.

Since I moved in, I have been receiving the previous occupiers correspondence. For several months i have written on the envelope to return to sender - no longer at this address, thinking that it was probably just spam mail, but today i have received the same looking envelope that had been torn in the post and i can see that it is the previous occupiers mobile phone bill - they clearly haven't changed the address on their account with Virgin.

Unfortunately, i do not know where they have moved to - how can i get this resolved, as i am worried that any potential non-payment will cause a black mark against me and my address?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another persons bill coming to my house

Credit reference agencies work primarily with a users name, so as long as correspondence make no reference to your name you should be ok.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another persons bill coming to my house

Credit Reference Agencies are in business to monetises the data they collect and collate, and any mistakes they make will remain on your file until challenged. Do regular reviews of your statutory credit report (which is free) and, where appropriate, exercise your rights to have data corrected; be aware that adding a note against such data is not the same as having it corrected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos