Menu
BevanDunn
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Affecting credit

I was the victim of identity fraud, my name was used at another address by a family member. However instead of upraging a family dispute, I instead vowed to pay the bill that the individual had run up.

however due to this not being my account, to an address I have never been registered at I was referred an email to a contact that could resolve the issue and default my credit via virgin. Therefore removing that I was in debt and refusing to pay.

I have unfortunately forgotten the email that the gentleman forwarded and was wondering if anyone could help me out?

Thank You in advance,

Bevan Dunn

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Affecting credit

Hi Bevan,

Sorry to hear about the situation and understand that you want it resolved as quickly as possible. Can I ask how you obtained that email? Was it via a call or was it emailed to you? Do you have anymore details about the email such as the department it belongs to? Anything really to help us look into this. 

Also can you tell us anything else that the agent said without posting personal details?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
BevanDunn
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think you might have misunderstood my intentions. The agent that I spoke to was amazing and resolved all of my issues, and further went on to advise me to contact an email to ensure that this issue was not brought up on a credit profile to myself. I’m just asking for that email to be resent, it was given to me over the phone. But I unfortunately didn’t save it.

The gentleman was amazing in helping me, all I’d like is for the email to be forwarded on again. I didn’t get which branch it was from however it’s most likely associated with credit and accounts. 

The gentleman told me to contact them via email (it was a virgin media email) so part of your branch regardless. And asked me to explain my situation, how I resolved said situation, and quote my details along with both accounts under my name. He assured me they would be able to further my case and help me. The case has been resolved, however I’d like it to be removed from my credit file as I was never the account holder!
that is all I am asking. It was an email address to which I could contact to have my credit file with yourselves defaulted.

Thank You Lisa,

Bevan

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying for me Bevan. I'll get back to you on this if that's okay, to make sure we give the right details.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Bevan,

The address to the Credit File team is  creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk . Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos