cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptor for phone text

nancyp
Tuning in

I’ve received this text which on doing a search I believe is not a scam (which I at first thought) but my next question is if it is genuine do I really need the adapter? I don’t have a home phone connected… I replied ‘CALLBACK’ but nothing happened 

This is the text:

Hi, it's Virgin Media. On 16th January 2024, your home phone service will be switched to our fibre network. We'll send you an adapter(s) as you need to connect your home phone to the Virgin Media Hub so you can continue using it. Reply with ACCEPT to be switched over or with CALLBACK if you need help.

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you pay for a VM landline as part of your package, even if you make no use of it, it is usually wise to keep the line in an operational condition and to check periodically that it is working OK.

There are regular topics on here from customers who never use the landline, never have a phone plugged in and never test the line. Those customers often post about receiving 'phantom call' charges on their bill which they have not made. This often results from a fault developing on the line, which the customer is unaware of, which can lead to false charges being applied.

If you have not been able to order the adapter, one of the VM forum team should be able to assist with that. You need a Hub 3, 4 or 5 to use the phone-via-router connection as early Superhubs have no phone socket on the back.

One of the VM forum team should reply here within a few days.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @nancyp 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. If you do not have an operational phone line then the adapter is not needed, we will always send them out to every customer of ours in the event they choose to have a landline over the new telephony system. If you do not wish to ever have a landline you can disregard that communication that we sent you. 

Sabrina

Thank you 🙏🏻 

Thanks - probably best that I get the adapter then 

I'd be happy to look into ordering an adapter for you @nancyp 

I will pop you a PM across now so we can arrange this, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.