cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account taken over

pgoodison
Joining in

My virgin media account, mobile account, home  wifi and blueyonder email have all  been taken over and I cannot access them. Called numerous times but never get through because, obviously, they are blocking my attempts to resolve the situation. I have called from friends landline but cannot get anyone who is competent and able to help me; just a series of people who listen, distance themselves and then transfer me to an automated voicemail with nobody on the end. I’m at the end of my tether and considering legal action for data breaches and institutional inertia. P1ss poor isn’t in it. 

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi pgoodison

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

pgoodison
Joining in

Thanks for this, really appreciated. VM rep looked into my complaint and came back to say that my account was secure, totally ignoring everything I was saying. The account is very secure but unfortunately the account holder is the person who is shut out and someone else has logged in as me and changed username, password etc. They are a disgrace and totally unaccountable to their customers. Thanks again 

I haven’t deleted my reply to you. 

For some reason the Mod Team have moved my reply to the Account - Cable forum and started a new thread there 🤦‍

I don’t know why they’ve done that. It makes no sense and it’s left me with two open threads on these forums regarding my own complaint.

As usual, VM’s left hand has no idea what the right is doing. 

jhuk
Trouble shooter

If they would update their security to the same level as 1000s of Free Amateur Pr0n sites then this would not have happened and there is multiple threads (I post in most of them) about the short/weak password we must choose for both VM accounts.

Then you get at least one $martar$e chiming in saying how it is not easy to implement etc etc.

Screenshot 2021-11-09 145128.png