Menu
Rory2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Account password

I've tried calling to ask for an engineer to relocate some cabling and junction boxes but cannot remember the account password (not website password) How can I reset it?

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account password

Hello Rory2

Thanks for posting your query and welcome to the forums.

When calling the team we are required by our regulators to complete security checks to ensure were only discussing account specific information with the account holder. This is to protect all of our customers details and information.

If you are the account holder and are unable to remember the password for the account, the agent can ask additional security questions but this can only be done with the account holder.

If you aren't the account holder we would recommend asking them to call the team allowing for the additional security questions to be asked.

Rob

0 Kudos
Rory2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dear Rob 

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately without providing the account password on the phone, the automated customer service assistant does not ask further security questions.

Please can you explain how to get through to a customer services assistant to answer these security questions.

I would be very grateful if you could provide a telephone number to call as I need to relocate the wires and box for broadband and TV because I am having an extension built where they are currently installed.

Kind regards 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for getting back to me with the additional information Rory2, if you hold the line when asked for the security details it will put you through to an agent.

Rob