Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Account password

Hello, i've been trying to talk to somebody from Virgin for 3 hours.

I would like to talk to somebody with regards to my account but  when i type my first , third and fifth letters of my password into the automated service i am told that it has not been recognized.

I can access my account no problem on-line and i do not recall any other passwords.

Can somebody please let me know how i get to talk to a real person about my account

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Account password

Hi mrstretchy,

the password is actually the memorable word that you set up.

If you've forgotten it you can ask for a reminder to be sent by letter.

If yo don't enter the correct password on the phone you should still be able to get through and answer other questions to pass verification.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@mrstretchy Just to reinforce the message from newappolo the phone system is asking for characters from your customer verification phrase.  This will normally be different from your account password unless you chose to use the same one (not a good idea)

If you don't recall it just sit on the line until the system transfers you to a staff member.  They can ask alternative security questions and if necessary get the passphrase reset for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrsstretchy, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Sorry you're having some issues accessing your account due to being unable to pass account security, this ins't good. 

We can help reset things from here by asking extra questions or we can request for it to be sent via letter as advised. 

Can I ask what it is you're looking to discuss with the team and we'll see if it's also something we can help from here? 

If you've not spoken to the team yet and would like us to look into this via a personal message then let us know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Emma,

Thanks for helping.

I've been a customer since the days of NTL and i don't think i've ever had a reason to phone up so i can't remember my Account password.  One came to mind but i think it was from when i had a virgin mobile phone account - but it didn't work.

I want to discuss canceling my internet. I don't need super duper fast broadband as there is only myself and my son and he spends more time away now.  I've noticed i can get slower broadband for nearly half the price.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ah, no worries I thought this was regarding our mobile account services. 

I'm afraid we're unable to cancel services from here and this would need to be done by going through our other contact methods here

Please let us know if you need anything else. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wahey.... well, i've just managed to get through and talk to somebody

Great news!   i'm not leaving !!

Thanks to everybody who replied to my question - I've now re-set my account password and made a note of it in my secret book of passwords that i keep hidden.

It's good to talk, Bob Hoskins was right !

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's brilliant that you've been able to speak to the team and get things sorted. 

if you have any further issues let us know and we'll see if we're able to help from here

Enjoy your day 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update mrstretchy,

It's great that you managed to sort out your password.

Now make sure you don't forget where you hid your secret book of passwords 😄

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali