Menu
redlozzer
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Account hacked?

• Hi, my ntlworld email was working fine last night.  Able to check the server for mail etc using Google mail android app on my tablet.
  • Woke this morning to error message from Google mail app saying it couldn't sync and password was incorrect.
  • I tried logging into myvirginmedia account to see if there were any issues and that also said my password was incorrect.
  • As I haven't changed my password, settings etc I'm wondering if my account has been hacked and someone else has changed my password?

Thanks

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Account hacked?

Assuming you are still a VM broadband customer, you may be able to gain control of your account and address yourself.  If not, please come back and advise what you have tried  Read these advice pages and threads and see if any advice helps

Then wait for a Forum Team member with the appropriate skill and access to attend this thread, and the Forum Team will contact you by private message to assist.  They usually respond in date order and it can be a day or so.

Here is the VM help page for compromised accounts/addresses:  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

You may still be able to use the Forgotten Password route:  virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

When access is restored, you should probably check your network security more thoroughly.  Best wishes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks