Menu
Lauren2312
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Account fraud

I received a router a couple of months ago at my home address, however, I didn’t sign up nor have I ever had virgin media account. I contacted Virgin media and it turns out someone has taken an account in my name using all my details. 
Virgin media told me the account had been closed and I thought that was the end of it, today I have a debt collector chasing me in regards to this VM account! 
tried speaking again to them and I just get told to send an email, I want a manager to contact me and ensure this is resolved and my credit file rectified. 

0 Kudos
goslow
Wise owl
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account fraud

Have you reported the incident via Action Fraud? They won't directly investigate your case but they should issue you with a crime number which may possibly help you with clearing up issues to do with the fraud, such as debt collectors.

Contact number and advice link below ref identity theft

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/a-z-of-fraud/identity-fraud-and-identity-theft

One of the VM forum team should respond on here in a day or two to advise on what more VM can do to assist

Corey_C
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account fraud

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Lauren2312,

Sorry to hear this has occurred, if an account was set up fraudulently then an investigation must be done first. If the account was set up by a known individual then it becomes a civil matter which must involve the police. I have sent you a private message to confirm your details, please fill out as much as you can.

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos