cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to email denied

orangebicycle
Joining in

As of Feb 7th I have been unable to access my ntlworld.com email account. When I try to re-enable it via a password change - as suggested by Virgin customer support - the ntlworld address is no longer on the drop down list, just an old virginmedia.com address set up years ago and never used. The ntlworld address has simply 'disappeared'. I received no advance warning of any change, and repeated and lengthy phone calls with Virgin's 'Resolve Team' have failed to explain or resolve the situation, despite my being assured five days ago that the issue would be fixed within 3-5 days. It's been almost two weeks now, and my patience is running out. Access to my personal email data - access that I am paying for as part of my monthly package - has been denied for no obvious reason. I have contacted the Information Commissioner's Office about this, and their initial assessment is that a possible breach of the Data Protection Act 2018 may have taken place. With this in mind, if access to my email is not restored within 48 hours, I will refer this matter to the ICO and allow them to take whatever steps they feel are appropriate.

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @orangebicycle 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry for the issue with the email. However, you do not pay for this, this is a free of charge add on. Any complaint would not go the ICO as such, it would be to us and then if you wanted to seek independent adjudication, Ombudsman Services 👉 https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/consumer-complaint-resolution-code-practice - this explains further.

I will send you a PM now to help further.

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks, John. Finally reestablished access (today). I still need to establish why access was denied; no explanation forthcoming so far.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob, I am glad to hear that this has been resolved for you. It looks like this was resolved by the IT team. 

Sometimes emails get locked when sending span and our team would email you regarding the next steps. 

Chris.