Menu
GloryD
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

A fraudulent account in my name

Hi, I was checking my credit report recently when I noticed a virgin media account open in my name at an address I have previously lived at. The account have been defaulted and is killing my credit score. I have called virgin media, and they told me there is nothing they could do for me and I should raised a dispute with the credit referencing agency. What I did but they came back to me saying Virgin media confirm the information is correct. I don’t know how that’s possible as I have never in my life used virgin media. And do they not request proof of Id from their clients? Also I don’t know what to do to get this corrected. I worked so hard to build my credit score. Help please!!!! 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: A fraudulent account in my name

The forum team are best placed to take this forward and I have flagged your post to them however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to work through to your post. Whilst you wait for a response consider reading @Sololobo post here Re: Fraudulent account set up in my name. Virgin refusing to remove address link from credit report.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi GloryD,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm truly sorry to hear about what has happened with this. I will private message you so I can see what can be done concerning this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Similar situation, different thread, see post #3 here:- https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Amend-My-Credit-File-After-Incorrec...

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
GloryD
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Daren-ITsold
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I would also follow this up in writing and send this letter => https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0384-sample-letter-disputing-errors-your-credit-report (with your details added) including proof of moving, etc.

Be careful about adding a notice of correction to your credit file, as this can do more damage than good.

Send this letter recorded (signed for) and allow up to 28 days for action.

Post it to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA.

Also make them aware that they have failed to protect your identity by allowing a new account to be opened in your name without due diligence, and you reserve the right to take further action.

I would also run a thorough credit report here => https://www.equifax.co.uk/Products/credit/statutory-report.html and keep a weathered eye out for any new activity.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Regards
Daren, ITsold SEO Services.
Not affiliated with VM.
0 Kudos
GloryD
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I will get that done 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
GloryD
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone 

My problem has finally been resolved. Thank you all for your help and special thanks to Martin N for helping me resolve this issue.

0 Kudos