Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A fraud account set up I'm my name is affecting my credit score

Hi all I had an account set up in my name in May 2018 at the time we reported it to action fraud after trying to contact virgin multipul times we were constantly asked for the account password which obviously we didn't have as it was a fraudulent account. We received a debt collection letter so we contacted the collection company and they were sending it back to virgin as a fraud to be investigated. This happened once more and again it was sent back to virgin as a fraud from thn we have heard no more about it until today 2020 over 2 years later when it came up on a credit check. Any help to finally put this to rest would really help 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: A fraud account set up I'm my name is affecting my credit score

Hi there @Azsharp

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your fist post - I am sorry to understand that you have been unable to get any assistance with your fraud complaint since 2018. We're you every contacted by our Fraud team? Did we ever request any details or ID from you? 

Can you confirm if this was for a cable or mobile account please? 

Thanks so much - we'll do all we can to assist you where possible. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

I think I was contacted buy some one from the fraud department but it was quite a while ago. I remember a short chat with a member of staff I did have a crime number because i had four mobile phone accounts taken out in my name within a week 1 with tesco, 3 and Vodafone. I don't remember providing any ID at the the time. I think it was a TV and mobile I'm not 100% sure. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @Azsharp

I think the best idea is to pop you a Private Message and take as much information from you as possible to see what we can do to assist you.

Please look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media have to comply with the GDPR regulations https://gdpr-info.eu/

Refer them to Article 16, Right to rectification and to Article 19, Notification obligation regarding rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing.

The Data Protection Act 2018 also applies http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2018/12/contents/enacted

Data subject's rights to rectification or erasure etc refer to sections 46, 47 and 48.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos