Menu
boothy99
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

403 Forbidden error on all SpamCop webpages on home WiFi

Since yesterday I'm getting 403 Forbidden (with Openresty on the blank page) for any SpamCop web page I try to open when using our home WiFi. This is on the main pages &/or the forum site.

Today I discovered I can open the otherwise blocked webpages if I use my mobile phone data when WiFi is disabled. The issue occurs on any of my devices - phone, tablet, PC. Even tried it on my wife's tablet where no cache for SpamCop exists - same issue.

When I can open the website on mobile data, I can login as expected, so I don't appear to have been blocked in that sense. I can report spam appropriately as well as send and receive spam-email reports.

Our IP address is not listed on their blocklist (checked on bl.spamcop.net).

Anyone any idea what might be going on, or what I could do to try to track down the "blockage"?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 403 Forbidden error on all SpamCop webpages on home WiFi

Unless this is your post on SpamCop's forum you would need to contact them to find out why your IP Address is blocked and to request it be delisted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
boothy99
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 403 Forbidden error on all SpamCop webpages on home WiFi

Hi 用心棒

Yes - it is me on their forum. I had to write using my phone data to get in there. No response yet, but it's only my IP address, and not me personally that's blocked. I don't believe it's SpamCop that're blocking me having read around the error code. Apparently until yesterday, their site licence expired so I'm hoping it's just a delay in the system in allowing everyone to open the site again.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
boothy99
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Fixed itself: 403 Forbidden error on all SpamCop webpages on home WiFi

Just got back home - haven't done anything new, but all SpamCop pages are loading as normal. No idea what's changed, but all's well again 👍

0 Kudos