Menu
manshmehta75
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Could you confirm if the above is a legitimate number?  I was contacted by this number to say I have several IPs trying to access my broadband service?

I was told that if I do not comply then my broadband would be disconnected immediately.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 07640130067

' was told that if I do not comply...'

what do you have to do to comply, give your personal info to them, have them remotely use your pc?

either way it's a scam. ignore and do not interact with them.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It isn't genuine - it is a common scam that is doing the rounds at the moment.  There are many other reports on here relating to the same thing.  The number that your phone shows the call coming from is made up and cannot be relied upon.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Manshmehta75,
Thanks for using the forums and for bringing this to our attention, we are aware of these calls and are asking customers to report their number to TPS which helps to combat scam calls like this. Unless you have asked for a call back please be wary of these calls - we never ask to take control of your desktop for any reason.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

TPS will not stop scammers as scammers do not follow any form of regulation, TPS allows you to stop unsolicited marketing calls from genuine companies.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks