cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02073662500 - Is it real VM owned number or scam?

Orgaf
Joining in

It's the second time I've received a  call from that number. The first time no one answered, but today a lady addressed me with my name saying that my contract can be renewed. When I've told her that can't be possible because I've already renewed 2 months ago, she closed without saying anything. 

I get it it's probably a scam, but how come they have my name and know I am a VM customer?

2 REPLIES 2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Orgaf thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear the concerns you've raised here.

Just so I can definitely confirm or deny either way, please allow me to send you a PM so we can look into this further for you, kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Orgaf wrote:

It's the second time I've received a  call from that number. The first time no one answered, but today a lady addressed me with my name saying that my contract can be renewed. When I've told her that can't be possible because I've already renewed 2 months ago, she closed without saying anything. 

I get it it's probably a scam, but how come they have my name and know I am a VM customer?

They don’t know you are a VM customer. If you were originally allocated a number by VM or another cable provider, they come from a pool of numbers that are allocated to them by OFCOM. All these allocations are listed & freely available from several websites, so the scammers just dial groups of these numbers & assume as they are allocated to a provider the person on the other end is likely to be a customer of that provider.

Also the numbers that display on caller display can be cloned from other users. So take what you see with a pinch of salt.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks