Menu
Reddog77
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

01252 683847

Had a call from somebody on this number claiming to be from Virgin Media. Is this a genuine Virgin Media number?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 01252 683847

it doesn't matter if it is. Any number can be spoofed. I can call you from your own number if you want.

Never trust a phone number as proof of identiy
0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 01252 683847

Hi Reddog77, 

Thank you for posting to the Community and our apologies for the delay in response. 

I have checked the number from our side and it doesn't appear to be one of ours. 

If you continue to receive what could be deemed as phishing or scam calls, here are some precautions you can take

If you ever receive a call from someone you think might not be genuine:

• Always confirm the identity of the caller, take their name, company and contact details
  • If they are allegedly calling from Virgin Media, and you have a concern over their identity, inform them you will be hanging up and calling us directly to validate the call
  • Never provide financial details over the phone, unless you are 100% sure you know the caller
  • If in doubt, ask them to put the information in writing and end the call

If you have spoken to someone that you now believe to be fraudulent and have been asked to install computer software, here are some simple checks you can carry out:

• Run a virus check on your computer
  • Remove any unwanted software that may have been installed
  • Report the fraudulent caller

I hope this helps but please do let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos