Menu
msquiresav
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

why is cabling taking so long

I recommended Virgin Media to a client and at the moment Virgin media are making me look a complete idiot due to their inability to co-ordinate a cable pull and an install. We have had failed appointments, engineer turning up to install hub when cable team hadn't laid the cable, and then when you try and ring Virgin you just go round and round in circles with nobody taking ownership of the job to get it completed.

I have worked in AV for over 30 years and am constantly asked by clients about which ISP to go for, I certainly wont be suggesting Virgin after this episode.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: why is cabling taking so long

If there's a blockage they can't just start digging up the road. They have to apply for planning permission and this can take 6 weeks in itself, then once approved the work had to be rescheduled,so 8 weeks delay is typical. Since virgin typically don't communicate well with their contractors, if you complain they will typically sent out an engineer to give you service who won't be able to do anything as theres no cable yet. 

msquiresav
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cabling was meant to be installed 30th March, nobody turned up, nobody informed client as such. Engineer turned up Easter Monday and had to leave. Communications awful. I can understand delays, but virgin need to communicate to their customers what is going on

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello @msquiresav,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused so far, have your friend called us to get an update on this recently? 

We would not be able to check this without their permission, Also as previously advised we would need permission if this is the case also.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
msquiresav
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They are in constant contact and getting very frustrated. Left hand doesn't know what the right is doing etc. Total lack of co-ordination on Virgin's part. Now being told that the run from the road is more than 8m so can't connect to that point. Looking for another option.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry about everything @msquiresav.

I would need the account holder to be able to investigate this further.

Please ask them to create their own thread on this community and we can check from there.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos