cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wall sockets

misskellys
Joining in

"i have 2 virgin media sockets in my living room one for my hub and hard wire my computer to it and on the other side of the room a socket that my tivo box in wired to can i swap them over do the sockets work the same ??"

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

lotharmat
Community elder
I believe only one of them will have a signal from the CMTS and the TiVo will be fed by a splitter from this cable!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Eeeps
Well-informed

The signals on the two will be identical (give or take a slight difference in signal levels due to possible cable length differences)

There is a single coaxial cable to the 'omni' box on the outside of your property and this is split into the two connections you see.

So yes, you can swap them over and everything should work fine.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

lotharmat
Community elder
I believe only one of them will have a signal from the CMTS and the TiVo will be fed by a splitter from this cable!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Eeeps
Well-informed

The signals on the two will be identical (give or take a slight difference in signal levels due to possible cable length differences)

There is a single coaxial cable to the 'omni' box on the outside of your property and this is split into the two connections you see.

So yes, you can swap them over and everything should work fine.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Most splitters I have seen are marked with a dB value and sometimes on a two way splitter they have different values for each “leg”.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2