Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

wall socket - will i need an engineer

hi,

i am sorry for posting a question on a wall socket, i have scrolled through the forum (maybe not hard enough) but i cant find an answer to this. i made the bad assumption that this wall socket would work, however it does not, the cable port is too small and i was wondering if i could an adaptor for this port so the broadband cable would work? i have attached picture of the wall socket? or will i have to get an engineer out to update the wall socket?

kind regards,

1Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: wall socket - will i need an engineer

I’ve sent you a private message regarding this look forward to hearing from you 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: wall socket - will i need an engineer

in the mean time a bit of info that could have been posted above - going to PM serves the community in no way  it keeps the answer short but pointless

assuming you have ordered a self install and are just not asking for info thats a BT/openreach socket as said on the face plate and is nothing to do with VM - if you have received a self install pack then VM have previously installed there so you are looking for something else - start outside with any VM wall box and follow any cables to the inside - if they exist then what is on the inside

if you are just asking for future info then assuming the post code checker says VM is available in your area then you need a tech to install everything

sure you would/will get that info by pm from the VM person above but as your post started a search in the future by someone else will now have some content to read

Tony
0 Kudos