Menu
kibkalya
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

virgin media push fit cable

Hi,

I have just returned to VM after 3 years. I signed up and was informed that my self installation pack would come and a 10m push fit cable would come separately. The pack was delivered but no 10m cable materialised. I contacted the VM representative(Rep) and she confirmed it had been ordered. 3 weeks go by and nothing, I tried to contact the Rep on her VM mobile and she would not return my calls (must have got her commission and is not bothered any long).

I then go on "chat" and they saw the ordered cable and it was stuck in the system. Chat offered me an engineer, which I wish I had taken but refused the offer so not to waste the engineers time and at this stage the cable could be ordered. The Chat then gave me an order number 44540148 and after a further 2 weeks nothing was delivered.

After a further week I called VM spend 2 hours on the phone passing to department to department and was eventually passed to technical. I went through the rigmarole of the passed 5 weeks to be told by technical "VM do not provide 10m cables and I will give you £15 to buy a cable".

As of today I have been looking for a cable on various web sites and now I have read that you should only use a cable provided by VM.

Is this correct about the cable?

If I can buy a push fit cable, where can I buy it from as I have no intensions of paying £99 for a engineer to make a cable

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

As you can tell my experience with VM is very very disappointing and needs to be looked at and please do not blame the COIVD situation as everyone else is coping.

Here ends my rant..... 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: virgin media push fit cable

The only way to officially extend a VM cable is to pay £99 for an engineer call out.

But if you are a new customer you can simply say the connection isn't where you want it and you prefer engineer installation rather than quickstart.

Or you can go down the unofficial route, but if it causes problems you may be liable (or an engineer may turn up and replace the cable for free, depends on the engineer at the time - if he's just spent 8 hours tracing a fault that you caused, he might not be too happy)

Tags (1)
stabilo00
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

kibkalya - Sent you a link
Tags (1)
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @kibkalya thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear your hub is in the wrong location.  And you've not been able to receive the correct cabling.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos