Menu
amurnieks
Joining in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

virgin media dont answer the phone

Can't get setup, can't get through for support. waited over 30mins 4 times. Can't even get through to cancel my order and contract. virgin media have awful service, what do I do?

0 Kudos
roy-b
Joining in
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin media dont answer the phone

I would also like to know the answer to this.  have spent 4 hour on the phone waiting to get through to activate V6 box, this was after 1 week waiting for internet hub to be activated.  System auto disconnects you if you hold for 1hr 2min, this has happened to me twice.  Phone to cancel account and told they are too busy to answer and to call back later!  Time to go back to Sky.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi amurnieks and roy-b,

Sorry to hear of the hold times, we're busier than normal but do endeavour to answer calls asap.

Have you called 0800 953 9500? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
roy-b
Joining in
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Yes also called this number and a few others I found but to no gain.  Have also sent a formal complaint via the complaints system 2 days ago and had no response to that either.  Not at all impressed, all I want to do is get an activation code set to the V6 boxes!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

As per our code of practice here It can take upto 28 days for a resolution,

My apologies again for the hold times.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
roy-b
Joining in
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

28 days to activate a new set up on a new contract! I’m sorry but that is absolutely ridiculous. My only goal now is to cancel my contract as the service is not working. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

No it doesn't take 28 days for activation Roy, you mentioned you'd submitted a complaint, so I was advising of the timescales for that.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
amurnieks
Joining in
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

That response is about as useful as a chocolate tea pot. Thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

If you call the activation line tomorrow, we can get this activated for you.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
amurnieks
Joining in
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I also want to know how to cancel when nobody answers the phone? Awful, awful, awful! It took my 4hrs of on hold over the weekend to transfer my mobile number using the PAC and they said it was "easy peasy" on the pack . What a mistake. I have never experienced such bad customer service. Makes BT look awesome.

0 Kudos