cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin box and cables exposed outside house

MyloSmylo
Joining in

Hi community

Wanted to ask whether my internet would likely be affected by the box housing the cables outside having broken and the cables thus exposed to the elements. I have noticed my phone disconnecting quite frequently from wifi and as with my TV, although the latter less frequently.

If the casing is likely to cause issues to the internet in my home is a replacement box something virgin fit and if so how do I ask as I just get so many different options over the phone

5 REPLIES 5

MyloSmylo
Joining in

9C35D615-6683-46E5-B867-939E9E55EA02.jpeg

dear community members 

The brown box housing the cables broke and is exposing the wires. How do I get the box replaced? I am worried it is having to an impact on the quality of my signal as tv and phone keep dropping

Thanks so much

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will replace box for free. 

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the reply

i don’t have a VM landline so will likely have to wait for them to see my message.

do you know whether the cables being exposed the way they are currently would be impacting on my internet reliability? 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As long as the plugs on the splitter are tightly connected it should not cause any problems.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MyloSmylo 👋 welcome to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear there are some exposed cables external to your property, and that you believe this to be causing service issues. We would need to arrange a technicians appointment to sort this out for you. I will send you a PM to confirm a few details and get this booked in for you! You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page 📩 in your Inbox. 

We can then return to this public thread with an update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly