Menu
1975spook
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

very unstable connection

Hi,

I am looking for confitmation that the BQM graph attached shows there is a problem with my service.

I play playstation online with a wired connection and it is unplayable most of the time. I have called Virgin many times during the past year but nothing has been resolved. An engineer did visit and disconnected one of the outputs (I've only ever used one) and it's still terrible for most of the day. 

Is it possible to leave my contract without penalty due to the service being so poor?

Many thanks for any replies.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/768b6357dd05884663a2fe8c6d2c3808ff34ffc1-23-04-2021

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: very unstable connection

Your graph shows classic congestion.

You need to rearrange your gaming time between midnight and 8am 🙃

1975spook
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Haha.

Surely this must be in need of a fix? Wasting money paying for a service that I can't use.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi 1975spook, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to see you are having some congestion issues. I have checked the account and there is nothing raised for this yet however looking at the cable, I can indeed see there is a high amount of congestion. 

I have raised this with the networks team for them to look in to this and get a fault raised for you. 

In the meantime, the Hub itself is looking good in terms of power levels so nothing there that needs to be resolved. If you're not already, connect via an ethernet cable to give yourself the best possible connection. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
1975spook
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for the reply.

One of the times I spoke to someone on the phone they did say there was a congestion issue but it's clear nothing was done about it. Will I be kept up to date with the fault that will be raised? Is it likely to get fixed?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @1975spook

I am sorry to hear nothing was done about this previously. 

I can see Kath has now raised this with our networks team and once the fault is raised our engineers will work on a fix.

Feel free to pop back on here for any updates. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
1975spook
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ayisha,

I hope something gets done this time, I'll keep an eye out here for any updates.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Really appreciate your patience @1975spook,

Good Night 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos
crany
Superfast
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully this gets fixed fast but just so you are aware congestion can take a long time to fully fix as it can involve a lot of work to the network ect if ever sadly you might have a long long wait if others are anything to go by

0 Kudos
1975spook
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Am i right in saying that now Virgin are aware of a fault with the service they have 30 days to resolve it or I can leave without having to pay an early exit fee?

Having already been told that there was congestion a while ago and nothing has been to fix it, I am sceptical that it will ever be put right, I hope they prove me wrong!

0 Kudos