Menu
webbit
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

v6 shortage

was due self install last sat, delivery delayed till Wednesday, now had text cancelled until further notice, there is a shortage of v6 boxes rang up and the agent confirmed there is a shortage, really shouldnt be selling them if you cannot deliver

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: v6 shortage

Staff have admitted there is a short term supply issue with the Arris V6 TiVO platform boxes at the moment.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So basically, they can't supply equipment to those 'customers' who have already signed up, (and are probably paying their bill) but are still able to offer the equipment to new 'customers' then, (obviously hoping to get more people signed up, then when they are, tell them that they will have to wait for their equipment, but can't leave as they have signed a 'contract') 

Money first, money second, money third, 'customers' LAST....😡

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@HughJarsse wrote:

So basically, they can't supply equipment to those 'customers' who have already signed up, (and are probably paying their bill) but are still able to offer the equipment to new 'customers' then, (obviously hoping to get more people signed up, then when they are, tell them that they will have to wait for their equipment, but can't leave as they have signed a 'contract') 

Depends what you want.

The Arris boxes, which are the only ones capable of operating on the TiVO platform are in short supply owing to the ongoing issues at UK ports as is being highly publicised in the news today.

The customers signing up for V360 get the new Humax boxes that VM still has a large stock of, but can only use the new Horizon platform..

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@HughJarsse wrote:

Your contract doesn't start until your service is up and running. If you don't have equipment, your service isn't running, so if you don't want to wait for the equipment simply say you prefer to cancel the contract and go elsewhere. 

If you are already in a contract then you already have equipment. 

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

'so if you don't want to wait for the equipment simply say you prefer to cancel the contract and go elsewhere'. 

Good luck trying to cancel the contract....be prepared to spend weeks on the phone, listening to 'crappy' muzak, only to be 'cut off' after a couple of hours...

As for the 'text service' the chance of getting any reply is around 25%.. (I know, tried 5 times, and got 1 reply, 4 days later..........)

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As of the 8th January 2021 there will be 3x V6 boxes returned to VM on the proviso that they send the packaging to return them and the Hub 3.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media customer service is pretty awful, but this is one thing that really isn't their fault.

The problems at the ports are causing delays to many high tech goods just now - iphones, games boxes, and Virgin V6.  It's tough, but do put the blame where it belongs. 

0 Kudos