Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

upstream power levels too high, unstable connection

Hi,

Over the last couple of weeks I've had an unstable connection and keep losing internet for minutes and sometimes hours at a time. My modem sometimes has a flashing green light on it, sometimes it goes white. Sometimes a reboot helps, other times not.

My upstream power settings are generally right up at the top of the threshold (51) and fluctuates up as high as 57. And I'm currently down to just 1 upstream channel - that keeps happening too.

And my downstream power settings are generally quite high even with the attenuator, but I have an extra attenuator I can put on when they become a problem. These also fluctuate and I'm finding myself adding and removing the attenuator regularly. My pre and post RS error counts are soaring.

This all actually seems to happen a couple of times every year (for the last 10 years!) and an engineer comes out and does something that helps for a while (I believe they've moved me to different ports in the cab in previous years).

I've tried to run the online self tests over the last few days but they fail to complete saying "Technical Error. Something's gone wrong with the test." (and I eventually hit my 3 per day limit).

Obviously like everyone else I'm trying to work from home and this has become a serious problem. Please can I book an engineer to take a look?

Thanks,

John.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: upstream power levels too high, unstable connection

Hi, 

can you private message me your account number and area reference so I can look into this for you?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: upstream power levels too high, unstable connection

my thanks for a very quick and helpful response Alex!

0 Kudos