cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to get virgin media broadband

ryanjohnston
Joining in
I have moved into a property which is a converted mid-terraced house - I am on the ground floor and then there is an upstairs flat which is currently serviced by Virgin Media. I would also like to add that all properties on the street can also access Virgin Media Broadband. 

I have spoken to multiple people on various occasions from your customer service and sales team to try and open account however they are unable to do this as I keep being told they are unsure if Virgin Media can be supplied to our area however, you can and do supply to that area as the upstairs flat is currently serviced by Virgin Media. As well as this our address does not appear on the drop-down list on your website and your sales team told me that the address needs to be registered with Royal Mail to add to the system. However, our address is registered on the Royal Mail system.

After some research on Virgin Media forums, it appears that some people have had the same issue and been resolved - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Why-can-t-I-get-virgin-media-both-neighbours-have-it...

The below post to the forum is the exact same issue that we are having now

ryanjohnston_0-1666108113612.png

My main concern is that the sales team are not understanding the issue we are having as they recently told me that they are going to send an engineer out to see if they supply to that area and will be in touch within 10 days to let me know. However, as you can see above our issue is different and is not a matter of if they supply to that area. This has also been carried out and they got back to me and said Virgin Media was not currently in the area and can take up to 18 months to be available. This is clearly not the case. 

Can you please respond to help with this issue.

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello ryanjohnston

Apologies for the problem getting services looked into for your property. We appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We would recommend speaking to our sales team on 0800 183 1234 who will be able to arrange for a 'spotter' to go out to the property and check on it's serviceability. It's not unusual to have these types of issues when a former property has been changed in to flats for example and is now a 21a and 21b not showing as being serviceable.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your reply. A person has apparently went out over a month ago to check on services but I have heard nothing since. Your sales team said another person was going to head out in the next ten days. 

Are you able to look into this? It's proving very difficult to get any clarity on this issue.

Thank you,

Hi @ryanjohnston thanks for your reply, I can appreciate your comments and frustrations here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W