cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two Virgin Broadband at one address

domenico
Joining in

Hello,

I live with a flatmate. He has his own broadband connection, and has asked me to get my own, as he prefers not to share. I have ordered a Virgin broadband. Now, I realised that my flatmate also has a Virgin broadband.

Will it new a problem to have two Virgin modem and account in the same flat?

Best,

Domenico 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you @domenico for providing further detail via private message. I am pleased to say that what you require is possible and i have passed your details to the relevant support teams that will look into this for your further.

Thank you again for reaching out to use here.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

domenico
Joining in

EDIT: Will it be a problem to have two Virgin modems and accounts in the same flat?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will have to have two separate accounts, they will install a second drop line from the cabinet & a second outlet in the flat, so everything will be duplicated.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

domenico
Joining in

Thank you for your reply. 

They may want to do that, but strictly speaking that isn’t necessary as they ‘could’ split the cable and attach another hub to it - in much the same way as we see the occasional post about a new installation being tee’d off from a neighbour’s omnibox.

The real issue is getting past the ‘computer says no’ problem when trying to sign up at an address which they see as already having a live connection.

So, basically, ‘is it technically possible’? Yes it is; will VM’s processes and procedures allow it to go through? Ah, now that’s a tougher question.

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @domenico ,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Woods here, welcome to the community.

It’s fantastic that you are considering joining us, we would love to have you as a customer. However, our system only allows for one account at one property at any one time by default. Although you have placed an order it is highly likely that this will not be processed due to existing account.  In order to achieve what you are asking we would need to make a little change to a system first.
I have sent you a private message for a little more detail so I can take a look at this for you. If you could keep an eye out for this and get back to me as soon as you can, that would be great.  Thank you 

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Thank you @domenico for providing further detail via private message. I am pleased to say that what you require is possible and i have passed your details to the relevant support teams that will look into this for your further.

Thank you again for reaching out to use here.

Jon